Meet the Doctors…
Dave Comer PA-C
An undergraduate of the University of South Carolina, Dave completed his medical training at Western University of Health Sciences in Chico, California and has been practicing medicine since 2001, and especially enjoys geriatrics. Prior to joining NeighborHealth at Cambridge Village, Dave was the sole Physician Assistant in a busy Internal Medicine Practice.
His wife, Denise, is a Professor at Duke University as well as a published author. When not practicing medicine, Dave enjoys hiking with his family, cheering on his 3 sons at their athletic events, and playing in his rock and roll band.
Why NeighborHealth at Cambridge Village?
- Their focus is on me – my health, my nutrition, my lifestyle. Working with me one-on-one, NeighborHealth at Cambridge Village will provide comprehensive care that focuses on the prevention of future illnesses.
- They will be proactive in helping me implement changes that will result in better overall health and functioning at peak performance.
- Knowledge, Skill, Experience.
- Convenient location within Cambridge Village
On-site services include…
- Care and management of common medical issues such as hypertension, high cholesterol, thyroid and heart disease, arthritis, COPD/asthma & diabetes
- Hands-on pain management
- Joint injections
- Trigger band injections
- Bracing & equipment
- Laboratory testing
- Cardiac monitoring
- Sleep studies
- Prescribing and dispensing of medications
Medicare acceptance. In network with 97% of private insurances.
Call us today to schedule an appointment and discover why NeighborHealth at Cambridge Village should be your choice for comprehensive primary care – 919.363.2080
The Emergence of NeighborHealth at Cambridge Village
Kendall Oliver, owner of the Cambridge Village communities, was seeking to provide hands-on medical care for his residents, but knew it had to be physicians who were committed, not only to treating patients, but also providing preventive medicine, including nutrition supplementation and tailored lifestyle modifications. After forming long term relationships with both Dr. Joseph Hummel and Dave Comer PA-C, he knew he had the perfect match! After Kendall presented his vision, Dr. Hummel and Dave Comer eagerly accepted the opportunity to be a part of this unique practice.
Both Dr. Hummel and Dave Comer are passionate about helping patients function at peak performance and helping them feel their best. Practicing under Dr. Hummel, Dave will lead the in-house primary care services at Cambridge Village. He is excited to establish relationships with new patients and build the NeighborHealth at Cambridge Village practice!